Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Finally!


So, I finally bought a bass guitar this weekend - this is a picture of one that is identical. It's an Ibanez SRX2EX2. I really like it - the tone is really nice and it plays very well. I've never played bass before but after playing a whole bunch of different basses, I decided that this was a good value - it was inexpensive enough to no ruin my savings but nice enough to last for a while (up to an intermediate level.) There was also a fretless Warwick that I fell in love with, but have no good justification to buy it (also it wasn't cheap!)

Anyway, I'm loving playing it - my fingers are already bruised. I have to change the strings and lower the action a bit, but I'm very happy.

1 comment:

  1. wow. nice looking bass. but a fretless warwick would have been sweet too! So many instruments, so little time!!! I'm always torn when I go instrument shopping too... I still have my eye on a gorgeous Martin that I played at Gtr Ctr although I ended up buying an Ovation -- fyi with $$$ that I won in Vegas thanx to a Sony business trip and a lucky quarter!!!

    ReplyDelete